Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Letter of Recommendation

I was asked my Lil M's teacher to help write her a letter of recommendation.  I was excited to know that M's teacher felt close enough to me, to ask me to help write her something this personable, something that could help her in advancing in her career, but I am so nervous.  I am not good at writing these things... I mean what do you put in these letter of recommendations?  She mentioned it was for a portfolio, but didn't mention if it was for a new job or if she was to put with her resume while in the search of a new job.  I have never written a character reference before, so I decided to google it...

Guess what I found? I found links on how to write a character witness for court! HAHA
There are pictures of convicts (many looking like my husband's family.. LOL.. ok that's another post) and then there are a few people in there that just look drugged out and wearing orange! 

So I googled on, and found a few templates for letter of recommendations and used those for reference

here is what I came up with,.. please leave me some comments with edits before I turn this into the teacher, I am always nervous when it comes to giving things to Lil M's teachers

Thanks

XOXO


To Whom It May Concern

I have had the pleasure of knowing Miss H for over a year.  During the year of our acquaintance, I have known Miss H in many capacities.  She has been my son’s preschool teacher, but most importantly been a role model.  Her responsibilities in that capacity have grown with the activity level, and you can clearly see what an important role she plays in my son’s life as you watch him reach and excel in his many milestones. 

She has helped with improving my son’s skills and in a very short time frame, he has increased his fine motor skills, his vocabulary, and his eagerness to listen and follow directions.  She is very creative in her way of educating the children, they are always having so much fun and do not realize that she is teaching them. 

Miss H is an intelligent, capable, dedicated and personable young woman.  She is always quick on her feet, with sensible reactions in all the circumstances a preschool teacher meets.  I feel confident in saying that she is capable of handling any situation with thoughtfulness and maturity.    



Thank you,
Lil M's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a magical day!! xoxo